If Extra Virgin Olive Oil stands out for something, it is for being the perfect companion to many Mediterranean dishes. And if you are one of those who like to innovate in the kitchen, here we bring you the perfect recipe.
Surprise all your guests with these delicious pearls of extra virgin olive oil that will add incredible flavor to your food. The explosion in the mouth of these spherifications will surprise everyone who tries it.
1. Preparation of the Ingredients:
- In a saucepan, mix the sodium alginate with the water using a hand blender until it is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture rest for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator to eliminate bubbles.
2. Preparation of the Calcium Bath:
- In another container, dissolve the calcium chloride in 500 ml of water. This will be your calcium bath.
3. Preparation of the Spheres:
- Fill the spherification syringe with 9 Oliveres Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Hold the syringe over the alginate bath and gently squeeze to form small spheres. The alginate will react with the calcium in the next step.
4. Formation of the Spheres:
- Drop the spheres of 9 Oliveres Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the calcium bath.
- After 1-2 minutes, use a slotted spoon to collect the spheres from the calcium bath.
5. Rinse and Presentation:
- Rinse the spheres in clean water to remove any calcium residue.
- Place the spheres on a plate and, if desired, decorate with flaked salt for an additional touch.
- Serve the 9 Oliveres Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spherifications as an appetizer or garnish. They can accompany dishes such as salads, carpaccio or even desserts, offering a unique experience as they explode in the mouth, releasing the delicious flavor of 9 Oliveres Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Give it an even more special touch by creating your spherifications with our most select oil from ancient olive trees. Not only is it exquisite, but the numerous benefits that the oil from these ancient trees provide will elevate your experience to an extraordinary level.